Waffles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Waffles

This is the faction waffles forum we rock tits

4 posters

The other Cleric

Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

The other Cleric Empty The other Cleric

Post by Aavery Mon Dec 08, 2008 10:19 pm

OK I'm in a hotel room doing nothing right now so I decided I would update my build that I had going I found some holes in it. Also I have pictures and a better explanation of skills.

Build

When I first had this guide up I had a build that would require to put points into vitality which really helped in lower levels but once I got to level 40-ish I realized this was a mistake. I partied with a random cleric girl a couple days before I left, her level was the same but she was a pure magic build. My hp was a little higher than her and my attack was not to much lower than her so I was pretty happy that the build I had was working until we we compared heals. Her heals on average where about 10 times better than mine. I seriously reconsidered my current build, either I will buy a restat scroll or I will pull a Robbie/John and just start a new cleric (really not looking forward to leveling a cleric from scratch)So from that I HIGHLY recommend you go pure magic since this will greatly increase you healing power (pure magic mean just put stats into strength to use equipment and wear robes).

Armor and Weapons

At level 60 you get a pretty sweet magic sword, so because of that most people will use magic swords (they look cooler than anything else too) but as long as your using magic weapons go with what you feel is right for you. As for armor a lot of people will go light armor on magic characters for the higher physical defense you should go with light armor only if you are going to be the pvp type but if you plan on doing mostly pve go with robes. I personally use robes on my cleric because I don't do pvp with her, shes support and does pve all the time. Also I would recommend getting the tailoring skill to up your defense, if you get any sockets in armor put physical defense shard in them. I have 1030 physical defense buffed right now (at level 44) and I where robes stuffed with physical defense shards I prefer them over hp shards but that's just me. Use jewelry that will increase you magic attack and up your physical defense (that one is kinda of obvious)

Light Armor

If your going light armor I think there a couple things you should know. First off if your going light armor you should allocate you stats as such: strength +1 dexterity +1 magic +3 every level. You cant put points into vitality because you will not have enough points to wear gear your level. Also if you have sockets in you armor I would recommend putting HP gems in it since you physical defense will be decent.

Low Levels

One your first starte you will notice that there area a lot of clerics around so you wont really be wanted in a party since you are disposable right now. SO you will be doing a lot od soloing at lower levels.

Skills

I couldn't find thumbnails of the skills so I will just show a picture of the skill tree with numbers on the skills.
    The other Cleric ClericSkills1

1.Blessing of the Purehearted:Useless skill don't ever put sp in it, long cast time poor heal.

2.Ironheart Blessing: Awesome heal max it ASAP! It does a heal of time and I spam it on tanks during boss battles and fb's

3.Wellspring Surge: Good heal I mainly use it on myself (or other players) when I'm done fighting to restore my hp. Great for grinding and quests but very useless with bosses and fb's, get a couple levels of it but you don't really need to max it.

4.Revive:Brings a dead player back to life MAX IT NOW! This is the skill that makes clerics clerics, higher levels lessen the experience loss but even maxed players that die will still lose experience.

5.Purify: Gets rid of all debuffs on a player, great skill get it as soon as you can, leveling it will only make the casting time less and the casting distance further. You can get away with out maxing it till later levels try to have it maxed by 70-ish though.

6.Soon, the Light:Heals all the players in your party, long cast time and uses lots of mana. Still it is a good skill I use it a lot ofter barbarians do their hp buff to restore the whole party's health or when fighting a boss with nasty AoE's. Max it.

7.Stream of Rejuvenation:Heals player and adds a heal over time, very useful this will replace wellspring surge once you get it.

8.Regeneration Aura: This is the bubble skill, which is awesome. You will constantly use mana to heal all party members and it also increase their defense. While using regeneration you cant do anything else and you have to hit Esc to stop the skill. Get it as soon as you can.

9.Vanguard Spirit: This is you physical defense buff very useful max it as soon as you can. Since your physical defense will be very low using this buff will help with your survivability.

10.Greater Protective Aura: This is the AoE (area of efect) version of vanguard. It last one hour instead of 30 minuets and buffs your whole party, get when you can.

11.Magic Shell: This a magic defense buff, max it. This is a very useful buff to use on Barbadians and warriors, they have low magic defense and since they will be tanking you need to up their magic defense so the take less damage. If they take less damage then you heal them less, if you heal them less you save mana, and if you save mana you have more mana for healing (that might not make much sense but it will later)

12.Aegis Spirit: This is the AoE version of magic shell, once again it last one hour and you should get it when you can.

13.Celestial Guardian's Seal: This buff increase your mana and health regeneration rate (1 point for ever time you level it) it comes in handy and you should max it.

14.Exalted Renewal: AoE verison of celestial, get it.

15.Spirit's Gift: This buff increases you magic attack, EXTREMELY useful since your attack skills will be a lower level then a full attack cleric and you will always do less damage then a wizard. Max it when you can.

16.Arcane Empowerment: AoE version of spirit's gift a must have.

17.Plume Shot:Plume is your first main attack, it does physical damage so it useful against magic monsters and player who wear robes. Put this skill on the back burner level it when you need to or when you have extra skill points.

18.Plume Shell: This is a shield that increase your physical defense for a few seconds. Plume shell is very expensive, and personally I don't use it but you should get one level of it and see if you like or not to level it.

19.Razor Feathers: The first AoE skill you get, I don't really see a point in getting it till higher levels (I'm at 44 and I still don't have it) since your health will be low and this will probably aggro a bunch of monsters it seems more of a death wish than a good attack skill at early levels.

20.Elemental Seal: Decrease your own magic defense to decrease your targets magic defense. Pretty useful in PvP, epically on heavy armor builds with this you'll destroy them Razz Level it if you plan on doing PvP.

21.Dimensional Seal: Decrease your own physical defense to decrease you targets physical defense. This debuff is very useful against robe wearing players since plume shot does physical damage not magical. Level it if you plan on doing PvP.

22.Silence Seal: Decrease your magic attack to paralyze a player, get it if you plan to do PvP

23.Chromatic Seal: Reduce your own movement speed to put a player to sleep, once again a PvP skill.

24.Elven Boon: You don't get this skill until level 100 so I don't really know what it does but the description is that it will attack a target and seal it (When you seal a target it will interrupt channeling on skills) and it has a chance to heal the caster. It sounds pretty sweet but I really don't know much about it.

25.Flying Mastery: This is a passive skill that will increase your flying speed on the NATURAL WINGS it does not effect cash shop wings or the level 30 wings. Get it only if you plan to keep your natural wings.

26.Great Cyclone: This is your second main attack skill, it does metal damage and once again put it on the back burner like plume and only level it when you feel you need more attack power. Works good against wood monsters and heavy armor players.

27.Thunderball: This does metal damage over time (DoT) I have this skill at level 1, so I personal don't use it but I know Fintan uses it a lot. Get it and see how much you use it. If you like it go ahead and get keep leveling it but always keep it on the back burner to heals and buffs if you plan on going full support.

28.Siren's Kiss: From what I hear this is a really good skill that does great damage, I don't have it yet since I'm still working on all my buffs and heals.

29.Wield Thunder: This is another skill I heard does awesome damage but I still don't have it, You can ask Nay or Fin if you want to know more about the attack skills.

[u]30.

ok I have to go now but I will update this guide everyday a little bit Smile

Last edited by Aavery on Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:50 pm; edited 7 times in total
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

The other Cleric Empty Re: The other Cleric

Post by Nayethe Tue Dec 09, 2008 8:28 am

It's true you make a better healer this way. You can survive an extra hit or two over what an Attack Cleric can take, so you can get close enough to heal the tank without worrying about dying yourself (usually). For example, while I would die very quickly healing the tank for Jewelscalen, a Support Cleric like Aav could probably take 2-3 hits from his AoE, which would be enough time for a backup Cleric to heal her.

And being a better healer does, as Aav said, make you a very desirable squad member. Everyone needs help on bosses, and a healer is an absolutely essential member of any party that doesn't want to chug HP potions all day.

Plus, Revive lvl 10 makes everyone happy! Smile

So, props to Aav and other Support Clerics out there! We need you!
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Aavery Thu Dec 18, 2008 3:31 pm

Just a small bump for the update on my guide.
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male
    Number of posts : 323
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by AlpineFrost Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:04 am

thats an awesome guide jodi Very Happy great work
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:50 pm

Aww, you've completely blown my guide out of the water now... Sad Wink Images and everything!

Nice job! Very Happy
    Rake
    Rake

Male
    Number of posts : 7
    Registration date : 2008-12-19

Post by Rake Tue Dec 23, 2008 11:38 am

I am glad you made this guide. I have been wondering how much difference there would be in my clerics heals if I stated differently. So far he is lvl 30 and I have done the 9mag/1str every 2 levels build. I max Ironheart and Buffs as soon as I can since he is just a heal bot for the fox anyway. Even as squishy as he is in robes w/no vit, if I slap on a few stacks of Ironheart I can tank just about anything that doesnt have enough dmg to 1 shot me.

Going by your post I think I will stay pure for the uber heals.
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Wed Jan 21, 2009 4:42 pm

Somebody needs to update her guide... but I'm not pointing fingers. Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 10:27 am