Waffles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Waffles

This is the faction waffles forum we rock tits

4 posters

Fin and Nay Have a discussion about math and I like cartoons

Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Fin and Nay Have a discussion about math and I like cartoons Empty Re: Fin and Nay Have a discussion about math and I like cartoons

Post by Aavery Sun Jan 04, 2009 12:51 pm

I think my children will be Jodi Jr. and Plankton
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Fin and Nay Have a discussion about math and I like cartoons Empty Re: Fin and Nay Have a discussion about math and I like cartoons

Post by Aavery Sun Jan 04, 2009 6:28 pm

I was looking at that site nay and some of names are hilarious. My favorites are Dipfootbum and Clodsneeze
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male
    Number of posts : 323
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by AlpineFrost Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:45 am

haha i love plankton Very Happy spongbob ftw!
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Post by Aavery Mon Jan 05, 2009 10:33 am

AlwaysWinter wrote:haha i love plankton Very Happy spongbob ftw!
    Yay someone who is as juvenile as me :p
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:13 pm

hellz yea! im not sure how you didnt notice my immaturity before Razz
    fintan
    fintan

Male
    Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2009-01-03

Post by fintan Wed Jan 07, 2009 3:33 am

Nayethe wrote:_|_ is also the math symbol for perpendicular. Razz Hurray math!

Math is for losers. Hurray grammar! (Disclaimer: The foregoing was intended solely as a jovial diversion; if you were offended, you need to lighten up.)

Anyhow, every game I play, I use a different naming scheme. PW MY-EN, I used the overly appropriate "Chinese phrases which sound appropriate, but are not really proper phrases except when translated into English". This had a side-effect that English speakers assumed that I was a non-native speaker (without talking to me) and everyone else pointed and laughed. So much for that.

So, PWI... I decided to keep with mythology (it IS a mythology-based game, after all!), but shun the "Chinese-ness" of it. So, my characters are named after Celtic mythology. Yay obscurity. Yet, it amazes me how many names are already taken!

As for the two characters which (currently) are in Waffles, Fintan is named after he who could be called "the father of Ireland". See this page for some info about Fintan (the mythological hero). Emer wasn't a heroine (per se), but there were plenty of sex scandals relating to her, for example the one related in this blog post. (By the way, the other female names in that post are already taken. Just to save you time in trying to thwart me... Cool )

And, the servers have been down for 3 1/2 hours now. My client just updated to version 60, so it should be a matter of time before the servers poof back on! Very Happy So, I'll spare you any more pointless blather from me. bounce
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by Nayethe Wed Jan 07, 2009 5:44 am

fintan wrote:
    Nayethe wrote:_|_ is also the math symbol for perpendicular. Razz Hurray math!

Math is for losers. Hurray grammar! (Disclaimer: The foregoing was intended solely as a jovial diversion; if you were offended, you need to lighten up.)

<sarcasm>I am so offended right now! You would not believe how offended I am. P.S. Grammar-shmammar.</sarcasm> Razz

Seriously, though, I understand when people don't like math. It's not the easiest subject to study! I'm a math major, and it can get very hard for me sometimes!
    fintan
    fintan

Male

Post by fintan Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:12 am

Nayethe wrote:I am so offended right now! You would not believe how offended I am. P.S. Grammar-shmammar. Razz

Seriously, though, I understand when people don't like math. It's not the easiest subject to study! I'm a math major, and it can get very hard for me sometimes!

Yeah, especially when you get mindbenders like x3 − 1 = 0 or, better, zn+1 = zn2 + c . (For the non-mathy out there, the former is a basis for what are called "complex numbers" and the latter is a Mandelbrot set [the most recognizable kind of fractal to the average person].)

Also, it is stripping your sarcasm tag... Laughing
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by Nayethe Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:05 am

Fin, are you a math person? I understood what you said there, but I doubt Joe Schmo on the street would
    fintan
    fintan

Male

Post by fintan Thu Jan 08, 2009 7:07 am

I dabble in many things. Wink I've had to use abstract high-level math at a professional level, so I suppose that makes me a "math person"... Razz
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:58 am

wow fin really attacked the boards today :O
    fintan
    fintan

Male

Post by fintan Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:27 pm

Haha. Why do you think I was avoiding signing up? Wink

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 1:57 pm