Waffles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Waffles

This is the faction waffles forum we rock tits

+3
Fayol
Nayethe
Aavery
7 posters

Recruiting requirements

Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Recruiting requirements Empty Recruiting requirements

Post by Aavery Thu Jan 01, 2009 6:37 pm

Ive noticed that we need more people in the guild and I was wondering what are the requirements (whats the lowest level I can recruit) and what class do we need more of? I was thinking we might need some more wizards and blade masters. Also do some classes have a lower required level? Like we take everyone at level 20 but we will take clerics at level 15?
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Recruiting requirements Empty Re: Recruiting requirements

Post by Nayethe Thu Jan 01, 2009 9:17 pm

I think we need more Barbarians/tank BMs. They always seem pretty hard to find...
    Fayol

Number of posts : 59
    Registration date : 2008-12-19

Post by Fayol Fri Jan 02, 2009 12:59 pm

Just like a good Wizard. Razz
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Post by Aavery Fri Jan 02, 2009 1:42 pm

Yeah that's why I was thinking about a 20+ recruitment for clerics, archers, Blade Masters, venos and 15+ for wizards and barbarians
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:07 am

Sounds fair to me. Though I'd say that if you find a player who seems to be active and who would contribute to the guild, I'd say to throw aside the recruiting requirement and recruit at whatever level. Those early levels go very fast, after all.
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Post by Aavery Sat Jan 03, 2009 9:46 am

True but I don't know if night wanted me to recruit low levels, I'll talk to him sometime about it.
    Crossica

Number of posts : 53

Post by Crossica Mon Jan 05, 2009 9:52 pm

I'd have to agree, let's get some ground rules. I'll get in the habit of recruiting more if we need specifics or go after any good acting adult playa!
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:10 pm

Classes to focus on:

I'd like to see another Cleric or two, personally. I love helping, but I can't always be on when people need me. Having a few more Clerics in the 45+ range, I know that would be very helpful.

The same thing goes for Barbarians. We need tanks. We always need tanks. Bosses, FBs, you name it. But Wolf and Frost aren't always on, and you guys can't always be on.

And I agree with Fay about the Wizards. We really need a few more damage-dealers in this guild. I can DD, and DD well if I do say so myself, but a lot of times I'm needed to heal and can't do the DDing.

Levels:

I don't think this is the most important thing, really. I'd say 15+ if the player seems active. Otherwise I'd wait until 20+, but not too much longer after that. If we do wait, some other faction will scoop them up and we won't grow. Anyway, there are my two cents on the matter.
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male
    Number of posts : 323
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Post by AlpineFrost Mon Jan 05, 2009 11:26 pm

yarh clerics, tanks and DDs are always in high demand. but so are active, mature and honest players. so i vote that we recruit at 20+ preferably, but if we find players below that mark, then thats fine too. so long as they are active, helpful and mature i dont really care what lvl they are Very Happy
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Post by Aavery Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:48 pm

Ok so we need Wizards, clerics, and barbs 20+? How about archers? Do we need more of those?
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Tue Jan 06, 2009 12:53 pm

haha it doesnt really matter what classes we get, at this point we just need active members Very Happy
    fintan
    fintan

Male
    Number of posts : 27
    Registration date : 2009-01-03

Post by fintan Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:55 am

I apologize in advance for the length of this post, but I'd like to chime in that we need to start recruiting harder for players (and I can't stress this enough...) our own levels...

Sure, we like helping. But how many times do we want to kill Dismal Shade (for example)? Do we want to be doing it daily at 70, because we are still trying to fill our level 2 faction with almost anyone who's active? Razz (Slight exaggeration, but potentially the case...)

Also, if we want to have a chance at doing TW and other "high-level" stuff, we need to be able to recruit high levels. That's a lot harder to do if the average level of non-alts is low.

These are a couple of the reasons I don't invite many people to the faction. Recruiting in world chat is a waste of trumpets; you only get replies from the guild hoppers ("I'll try it out for a few days... But I'll probably go somewhere else..."), inactives ("Sure, I'm active. I try to get on a couple of hours a week!"), idiots ("LOL, Waffles! I WANNA JOIN!!!!111111"), and newbies ("What's a faction? People keep recruiting for them."), it seems. I've decided to recruit (as a rule) only people I meet in the world.

Personally, I'd rather have 1 good level 50 than 3 promising level 25s. That level 50 is likely to be happier, as the most active (and therefore potentially useful) players are near that level (at the time I write this), and therefore more likely to participate in chat and squads. Therefore, that level 50 is more useful to the faction and is also more likely to stick around (and want to log on and be active).

And, not to flog a dead horse, there's a "thing" with trying to recruit higher-level players. Many to most get turned off by seeing lots of lowbies in a guild. Especially if they're not alts. And we're reaching that point where we need to start looking at recruiting higher and higher level players. Especially if we have our eyes on doing TW and HH and Zhen parties and stuff... It'll also keep us on the radar of the "factions that matter" if they keep seeing Waffles only in the higher level parts of the world. This gives us the "safety in numbers" effect, as well as a base to siphon disgruntled players from. (Disgruntled with their guild and its drama, not in general or with the game, of course! Very Happy ) They may also have an alt that they want to stick in a "fun" faction; Waffles would be perfect for many of them, as well as useful to them and us.

Those are just my two cents, take them or leave them on the counter.
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:55 am

what you are saying does indeed make sense fin Very Happy, as always rofl. so i vote to remove innactive players under lvl 20 (not including our alts) and that we start recruiting at lvl 40? there can be some exceptions, with regards to class, as we always seem to have a need for tanks and clerics lol! Very Happy
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:20 pm

I agree with Winter. It's easy to make it to 30, but to make it to 40 is a whole other ball game. If we recruit people at 40, they're much more likely to be active.

But this must be said: by level 40 most people are in factions already, or are set on never being in one. Therefore it will be harder to recruit people at these higher levels.

However, there are ways of getting new faction members. Fin already mentioned disgruntled former members of the big guilds. I'm sure that those players are out there. I know because I was one of them. I left WolfBlade for Waffles because I was tired of the "TAKE DOWN RQ" business that consumed Genna (WolfBlade's leader) just before I left. And unless I miss my guess, that's why several of our other guildmates left WolfBlade as well. Anyway, back on topic. So what we need to do is find these people. That would mean some advertising while in a squad, talking with out-of-guild friends on occasion and asking them how they like their guild, and just keeping our eyes open for potential Waffles.

As for removing low-level characters, just make sure they're inactive. Give them a week to level, and then send them a letter if they haven't leveled. If they don't respond to the letter within a set period of time, then boot. To track leveling, I suggest we do what we're already doing: using the "give the character their level as a title" trick. Just don't be too quick to boot... I know I'd hate being kicked out of a guild that I kinda liked with no advance warning.

Anyway, there's my opinion.
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Post by Aavery Thu Jan 08, 2009 1:37 pm

I agree with nay, and Fin I see your point about how inviting low levels can be a problem, but I like to give people the benefit of doubt. You never know where that level 3 blade master will be in a month or two. Also I find it hard to recruit high level players like nay said. I think the best thing we can do is get a butts in gear and start looking for good people to recruit. Also I had an idea but I'm not so sure how it would work out, what if every now and then when we have everyone on we do a world shout (or start a chat room) about how we will help with fb's (I think we can do 19 and 29 maybe 39)and if we get someone who needs help who is not in a faction we can see how they play and act while helping them with a fb and decide to recruit them or not based on their actions in the cave. That why we can kind of give them a "mini interview" so to speak with out them realizing it. There's my two cents.
    fintan
    fintan

Male

Post by fintan Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:50 pm

If we can keep a FB squad formed and we open a chat channel and respond to all WC/city requests for FB help, that would work.

And, as for people already being in a faction... For all we know, they're just there so they don't deal with the constant invites they would get otherwise. I constantly have friends "checking up" on me (lots since I hit 50 and now am actually meeting join requirements for some of the factions...), so it's not an unacceptable practice to say things like "Hey, how's XYZ? Remember that if you ever need a new home, we'll keep a spot for you. But, if you're happy in XYZ, we're not going to try to steal you." Smile

Just be careful where you ask... When Wolf helped me with polishing off my FB39, someone slipped and tried recruiting me in squad chat... Very Happy That's horribly poor form when the Leader is there... Wink

But FBs, IMO, are only good to find out if someone's able to follow directions. We aren't RQ, and we don't require mindless slaves. Very Happy Because, face it, on your own FB, you tend to be pretty damn useless. (Especially FB19...)

I think Wolf wants to do a bit of cleanup now that xmas is over. (I can't speak for him, though...) Perhaps we can codify some rules just before that. Of course, the Fearless Leader is the one who gets final say, so perhaps we should prod him to participate on this thread. Very Happy

As for myself, I say that with the current levels of the "most actives", we should be actively recruiting 35+. Or at least white names. Very Happy I've come across plenty of players who don't have a faction out in areas like Dragon Wilderness; often, it's because their faction outgrew them or they outgrew it.

That's the other thing... We can't be recruiting a level 40 who likes to gain 2 levels a day. Sad They'll just leave in a couple weeks when there's noone else to squad with, anyhow.

Anyhow, I'm rambling again, so I'll shut up now.
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Post by Aavery Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:29 pm

I see your point fin, but I think a fb run could be a very useful way to interview. Yes at low levels you don't really do anything in fb's and you do have to listen the higher levels. WHICH IS A GOOD THING, I'm not saying I want mindless drones to use as my liking but whether or not if some one can listen is important. If we do a fb 19 run and we tell the tab holder "hey you cant take the monster in here just leave it to us" and the take our advice and stand back and tell us if they took aggro that means the have good communication skills and understand their limit, these skills will equal good teamwork. If we do a fb run with a tab holder who thinks their the sh*t just because there is high level clerics and goes off and attacks everything, of course they will end up dieing a whole lot and there for have poor listening skills and will more than likely not be a team player. Also we can see what kinda of person they are by making small chat with them, if they seem like a good, funny person we know we have a keeper. If we get another person who thinks they're a cat we know that its a no go. You have no idea how important it is if some one can listens to what people tell them. As an example when I use to be in Fury we had a retarded barbarian (forgot his name but I bet they have kicked him by now) and we were doing a boss (I'm pretty sure it was either flora or chin for the 29 cult I really don't remember) there was me a high level healer and 2 DD's we told him not matter what don't run, we have 2 clerics on him he should be fine. Well he didn't listen so not only did he run from the boss when he had lost maybe 1/5 of his health he ran towards the rest of the party thus killing us all and the high level cleric so she couldn't not revive us so we all lost a lot of exp. Another example is when me, fay, cross and a random cleric were trying to do storm, this was bad communication that was my fault. Me and the other cleric were not on the same page. Fay accidentally took aggro from cross and died instead of one of us staying on cross and the other reviving fay we both went to revive nay and heal him and cross died. I'm pretty sure we could have killed him if me and the other cleric thought of who would do what before hand (one of us always on cross the other helps fay every now and then) I know there was more but its late here and dont want to type any more
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Fri Jan 09, 2009 5:35 am

I was looking for a way to build Rep anyway. I can be part of that FB squad (I'll do 19 and 29 anytime, and 39 occasionally), especially when I have no quests.
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Fri Jan 09, 2009 9:05 am

Hey guys, these are all really great ideas! im loving all of it Very Happy

we just have to start putting some of it into action, as for doing FBs im ALWAYS game. i managed to recruit a lvl 45 wizard last night, she's really great Very Happy.

(sorry about last night guys, i got D/Ced and i couldnt get back in for some reason... i was pretty pissed lol)
    Crossica

Post by Crossica Sun Jan 11, 2009 10:19 pm

Aavery wrote:I see your point fin, but I think a fb run could be a very useful way to interview. Yes at low levels you don't really do anything in fb's and you do have to listen the higher levels. WHICH IS A GOOD THING, I'm not saying I want mindless drones to use as my liking but whether or not if some one can listen is important. If we do a fb 19 run and we tell the tab holder "hey you cant take the monster in here just leave it to us" and the take our advice and stand back and tell us if they took aggro that means the have good communication skills and understand their limit, these skills will equal good teamwork. If we do a fb run with a tab holder who thinks their the sh*t just because there is high level clerics and goes off and attacks everything, of course they will end up dieing a whole lot and there for have poor listening skills and will more than likely not be a team player. Also we can see what kinda of person they are by making small chat with them, if they seem like a good, funny person we know we have a keeper. If we get another person who thinks they're a cat we know that its a no go. You have no idea how important it is if some one can listens to what people tell them. As an example when I use to be in Fury we had a retarded barbarian (forgot his name but I bet they have kicked him by now) and we were doing a boss (I'm pretty sure it was either flora or chin for the 29 cult I really don't remember) there was me a high level healer and 2 DD's we told him not matter what don't run, we have 2 clerics on him he should be fine. Well he didn't listen so not only did he run from the boss when he had lost maybe 1/5 of his health he ran towards the rest of the party thus killing us all and the high level cleric so she couldn't not revive us so we all lost a lot of exp. Another example is when me, fay, cross and a random cleric were trying to do storm, this was bad communication that was my fault. Me and the other cleric were not on the same page. Fay accidentally took aggro from cross and died instead of one of us staying on cross and the other reviving fay we both went to revive nay and heal him and cross died. I'm pretty sure we could have killed him if me and the other cleric thought of who would do what before hand (one of us always on cross the other helps fay every now and then) I know there was more but its late here and dont want to type any more

Ventrillo!! Need a say more!
    cheers cheers cheers
    fintan
    fintan

Male

Post by fintan Tue Jan 13, 2009 12:34 pm

we need to figure out why vent won't work for syr and me, still. i think the server we're using is wonky. Razz also, i think it's time for a purge of inactives. we should be able to be a "30+" faction after a purge... Smile
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:10 pm

I agree with you except for alts, Fin.

As for alts, I like to be able to talk to you guys while online as Kalynne, and I don't want her to be able to be PKed yet. There may be another day or two that I want to catch rare pets, and I know from experience that white-name Venomancers sometimes get PKed at rare pet spawn points to lower competition.

And since actives are by definition active, they'll be leveling and we could easily be a 30+ faction soon after a purge of inactives.

And speaking of Ventrillo, I need to get a microphone...
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Post by Aavery Tue Jan 13, 2009 3:48 pm

I will be taking Siba and maybe Azil out of the guild soon to have more spots for real players not alts. Right now I think we might have to many alts in the guild.
    Crossica

Post by Crossica Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:05 pm

mic mic get a mic! Sooo we can talk blah blah blah...

Yea..so im bored now...
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female

Post by Aavery Tue Jan 13, 2009 9:07 pm

Me too :/
    Syrendel
    Syrendel

Male
    Number of posts : 156

Post by Syrendel Tue Feb 10, 2009 9:33 am

wow..so i JUST found this thread, u guys had a serious discussion here:P

we absolutely need to get a little more serious..we can play off the drama in other guilds and just plain being friendly. im always one for giving people the benefit of the doubt as aavy stated earlier, but there have to be lines.

oh, and as for running fbs 19-39, im pretty sure with me fin naye and our friendly neighbourhood tankzor frost we can do fb39 with our eyes closed. and it wouldnt be so bad to run for drops usin our little trick, beyond runnig it for others. im totally down for bein a fb helping party.

my two cents may not be as big..but im in it
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:16 am

I've run so many FB19-39s i could do them drunk AND in my sleep. (at the same time)

what we really need to start running are TT1-1 for the mats we need for those smexy weps, specially since you hit 60 john.

as for recruiting i made a new post in the announcements section, check it out Very Happy

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri May 10, 2024 5:18 am