Waffles

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Waffles

This is the faction waffles forum we rock tits

3 posters

Alpine's Barb Tank Guide!

AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male
    Number of posts : 323
    Registration date : 2008-11-25

Alpine's Barb Tank Guide! Empty Alpine's Barb Tank Guide!

Post by AlpineFrost Tue Jan 20, 2009 9:21 am

So you wanna be a tank eh? Well you're in the right place! Here is my guide for a PURE tanking barbarian!

How to spend your stat points:
    Enough str for equips
    Enough dex for equips
    Dump the rest into vit

*This stat build is the recommended build for all barb tanks, as it make sure you can use the current equipment and have the maximum number of Hit Points possible*
    (ill be adding a chart later with all the req's for equips)

The Goal of the tank is to keep the "aggro" of whatever you and your party is fighting, so the healer only has to focus on healing one person. Lucky for you the tank has a few very useful skills for doing so.

Skills to max ASAP:
    Flesh Ream: Great opening skill, spam it often. the DOT on it stacks upon itself! really great for doing lots of dmg over time
    Devour: Lowers enemies Physical defence (good for you cause you have a reduced attack in tiger form) builds aggro
    Roar:(aka talk is cheap)Forces everything in a certain radius to attack you. great for pulling mobs in close for a friends AOE, getting mobs of friends ect. (MAX IT)
    Alacrity of the Beast: Cancel's enemy's spell casting! need i say more??!?! (ive heard that getting it to lvl 7 is good enough, cause you can use it as a timer on enemy casting... ill look into that more)
    Shapeshifting Intensity: GREATLY increases P-deff. its a must! (DUH)
    Beastial Rage: Builds chi, and since most of your aggro grabbin attacks cost CHI. you better be maxing it!

Buffs:
    Beast King's Inspiration: Increases not only your max HP, but your party's max HP as well. Max it!
    Strength of the Titans: You already have a low Phys attack as a tank. This increases your P-att, need i say more?! MAX IT
    Blood Bath: Decreases HP, to raise accuracy. Higher lvls decrease HP less and increase ACC more. Use when you need more accuracy! Max it
    Poison Fang: Adds a percentage of wood dmg to your att, you need all the dmg output you can get. MAX IT

Other skills:
    True Form: Increases Max health and movement speed but lowers P-att, Its your choice wether to max it or not. but since tanks arnt meant to DD im maxing it to be a better tank.
    Axe and Hammer mastery: Increase your dmg while using ANY axes and Hammer type weapons. Since all your skills revolve around this type of weapon you best be maxing it to increase your pitiful dmg output while in tiger form!

Humanoid PvP Skills:
    Mighty Swing: Spend any extra coin and SP on this one if you plan on PvPing lots, this baby has really nice stun and decent damage. its your bread and butter Razz
    Perdition: Drains Half your currnt HP and MP to deliver a devastating AOE of epic proportions. i would advise you lvl this as high as possible because each lvl increases the ammount of dmg per point of HP and MP spent. (please dont use this as a opening move unless against noobs. if it doesnt kill them on the first shot you'll be left vulnerable. THIS IS A FINISHING MOVE!)

*Leave humanoid skills to around lvl 70 when you start getting into PvP and whatnot*

***THE RULES OF TANKING***
    #1 DO NOT RUN AWAY. EVER. not only will you die, your party will get wiped.
    #2 KEEP AGGRO. you can really only do your best with that one lol
    #3 CAST FLESH REAM. CAST FLESH REAM. CAST FLESH REAM. And when they least expect it. Cast it again.
    #4 You should ALWAYS be building CHI, without chi you might as well be a blademaster LOL. Make sure to cast Beastial Rage often.
    #5 Have Fun! In my experience tanks are one of the funnest classes to play, you are always needed for something and you meet lots of people. Help others often, and im sure you'll find it returned when you need it.

*ill do the rest later xD im at work right now*

Last edited by AlpineFrost on Fri Feb 06, 2009 5:11 am; edited 3 times in total (Reason for editing : added axe&hammer mastery)
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Alpine's Barb Tank Guide! Empty Re: Alpine's Barb Tank Guide!

Post by Aavery Tue Jan 20, 2009 12:51 pm

Sweet guide alpine i should probably work on mine more but i have been very lazy Razz
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male
    Number of posts : 271
    Registration date : 2008-11-26

Post by Nayethe Tue Jan 20, 2009 8:46 pm

Very nice, and gives me some insight into a character class I know basically nothing about! (except that they are awesome squad-mates for Clerics!). And speaking of working on guides... perhaps I should finish mine, too.
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Wed Jan 21, 2009 5:20 am

yea it still needs lots of work, but im happy with it so far Very Happy thanks for taking a look guys. ima put some pics in soon, get that equip req. chart made. finish explaining what skills are good and stuff lol!

should be a pretty good guide when im all done. who know's maybe ill even post on the PWI official forums?
    Aavery
    Aavery
    Admin

Female
    Number of posts : 355
    Registration date : 2008-11-24

Post by Aavery Wed Jan 21, 2009 9:50 am

sounds spiffy there really aren't enough barb guides
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Fri Jan 23, 2009 10:27 am

Bump

added the buffs section, going to color it, add pics and the chart soon
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Mon Feb 02, 2009 11:23 am

added a skill i forgot about to the "other skill" section
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:23 pm

By the way, I also heard that lvl 7 Alacrity is good enough. This is from a tank in FB51 for Llewellyn.
    AlpineFrost
    AlpineFrost

Male

Post by AlpineFrost Fri Feb 20, 2009 11:57 pm

haha why do you think mine is @ 7?
    Nayethe
    Nayethe

Male

Post by Nayethe Sat Feb 21, 2009 7:59 am

Because you're awesome, that's why! Just wanted to give you confirmation from an even higher-level tank (Worrf - 7x Barb it may have been) that you're doing it right!

Sponsored content

Post by Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 9:10 am